About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, January 16, 2023

Tree

 Basis Wood, 138 pieces. This is a really interesting puzzle with multi-thickness pieces. I don't think it was entirely successful--the thinnest was really too thin for maximum haptic plesure and the thickest was thick enough that I had to do a bit of shoving to get the pieces where they should go--but the experimentation is welcome and the price low enough to make this an easy recommendation if you like something a bit different. Because of the piece shapes/irregular edge, this packs a difficulty punch well above its piece count. 3/5


my attempt to show something of the varying thicknesses



No comments:

Post a Comment