About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Friday, December 24, 2021

Big Bad Santa

 Saratoga, 611 pieces.  New hand cutter for me. My son was grumpy that I brought a Christmas puzzle into the house, but it looked like it would be a real challenge, and it absolutely was. The images created by the repeated words allowed for what was essentially color line cutting while still being fully interlocking, which was fantastic. However, in a number of places the cut was not straight horizontal, meaning that pieces had to be put together in a particular order or they wouldn't fit. It wasn't a huge deviation; often it could be done with pressure, but I don't feel very comfortable with that, so I would swap which one was going down onto the other. If not for that, I would be putting this puzzle on the Stave scale, but I just didn't feel good about doing so given the technical limitation. Still, I'm giving this a 5/5 for challenge and cleverness and will definitely buy more from Saratoga if I find them (this was an eBay purchase).




multipiece Santa

Matryoshka Santa


2 comments:

  1. As I share your son's opinion about Christmas puzzles, I'm more curious about the source of the...puzzle-themed pants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puzzle leggings from Etsy, though the seller doesn't seem to have them in stock any more! The fabric seems generally available though so maybe they're available elsewhere.

      Delete