About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Earth, Moon, Jupiter, Mars

 3 Zufa and one GiRu. Zufa is clearly the quality winner from my experiments with Russian site Wildberries. Although small in size, Zufa has some design experimentation that makes it more enjoyable than the other Russian cutters in my opinion (though I did order another Unidragon to give that another try).

Planet Earth, 153 pieces, Zufa: Puzzlelab style wiggly pieces. 3/5



Moon, 153 pieces, Zufa--same idea, satellite whimsy visible in center:



Jupiter, 153 pieces, Zufa: Implausible shuttle whimsy on this one



Mars, 130 pieces, GiRu: More conventional piece design than Zufa, sadly.



I do always like whimsies that interact with an edge; I interpreted this one as a balloon but maybe not; the whimsies have circular intrusions to connect them to the rest of the puzzle, as shown with the spacesuited figure and Mars rover



No comments:

Post a Comment