About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, April 5, 2021

Insects & Fruits, Jan van Kessel 

 Inside Adventure, 571 pieces. This Etsy maker is adding new images quickly, and I think they are varying the cuts though there are a fair number of repeating whimsies across puzzles. This one has nice colors--autumnal really--and a lot going on in the image. 4/5


so apparently I didn't take a front picture? um.


dragonfly multipiece whimsy





2 comments:

  1. So, FYI, this cutter has been directly stealing whimsy shapes from Liberty Puzzles. It’s weird because it’s not every whimsy. There are ones that I’ve specifically designed for Liberty (like the multi piece bee) that are showing up in this company’s product photos. I’m assuming that they’ve just traced them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How distressing! I have generally liked them. It's kind of a wild west right now with all the new entrants, but usually it seems like Unidragon is getting knocked off (I've seen a few Etsy sellers also apparently getting copied on eBay).

      Delete