About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Night Watch

 Par, approx. 700 pieces. This is the new Par L-series, which I found about only a few months ago; it took me a while to get to it. Pros: the pieces have a real Par feel to them, shape/whimsy-wise. Cons: the cutting produced noticeable discoloration on parts of the image. (It strikes me that one reason the multicolor irregular puzzles are so popular at the lower end is that it's harder to see when that has happened to the image.) Many laser cutters have figured this out; it is my hope that Par will soon join them and become a respected contender with Liberty in this market segment. 3/5

very Par whimsies

harder to see, but the regular pieces are also Par style with heart-ish-shaped connectors and a general zigzaggy feel

example of discoloration--not everywhere on the puzzle, but noticeable



No comments:

Post a Comment