About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, January 20, 2020

Pavillons Arbores (Naval Flags)

Penelope, 500. Side note: Penelope puzzles have a wide variety of dimensions and come in very different boxes. Even the 500 piece puzzles are generally not exactly the same in dimensions and neither are the boxes. Even in our age of customization, it's not handmade customization; I can't imagine what it took to have all those different boxes made (many Penelope puzzles are stored flat, so you need dimensions that match the puzzle).  It's a view into a different, lost world.  Anyway, this is a view into an even more lost world--old flags of governmental entities that are mostly gone, though it's interesting to see to what extent the flags portrayed as large/central were more likely to survive into the modern age than the smaller ones. A lot of fun to put together as I figured out various orientations of different flags. 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment