About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Trippy

Nautilus, 250 pieces.  A fine puzzle with much visual interest, but I was intensely disappointed that it's the exact same cut as the other Nautilus brightly colored puzzle I've done, rather than being customized for the image.  Lesson learned: I should only get Nautilus puzzles with different piece counts or where the image of the pieces discloses a unique cut.  3/5 (I really did like the colors)




2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca,
    Simon here from the UK.
    Don't know if you have noticed but, nautilus actually have three distinct cuts. If you go to the nautilus website, there is a tab that you can click, at the top of the home page and you can find out which puzzles are cut in which way!
    The different cuts are :- Classic, (more like a grid..think optimago) Modern, (wentworth-ish) and my favourite, Victorian, (rambling all over the place!)
    Hope this helps, regards, and thanks for the continuing great work!!
    Simon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--I did a couple of other puzzles and did encounter a different cut; if I go back I will definitely screen for Victorian.

      Delete