About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Four small Artifacts

Ryoko, Meditating Skeleton, 81 pieces. Punches above its piece count because of the skull-like hexagonal shapes and limited color range. Very good (can't really say cute) whimsies. 3/5



Vikram Madan, Stop and Smell the Daisies, 171 pieces. Ok, I think I have to say "cute" for this one, and the coffin-shape pieces are fun, but I object conceptually to the crossbones with bunny ears (there's no bones in bunny ears!). 3/5




Renoir, Pears, 166 pieces. Another well-designed small cut; I really enjoyed all the curved pieces. 3/5


Amadeo Simonetti, Rug Merchant, 269 pieces. More conventional hexagonal pieces here, with a complex image that can be hard to track from piece to piece. 3/5







No comments:

Post a Comment