About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Starry Night, Van Gogh

 Unidragon, 1000 pieces. I think 1000 pieces may be too many for my maximum pleasure with MDF--among other things I find it frustrating to try to move big segments around my puzzle table--but that doesn't detract from the serious accomplishment here. Disclosure: Unidragon sent me this puzzle for free to review. Great whimsies recreating famous Van Gogh images, fun themed connectors (there's a picture of a particularly vicious one below) and really interesting printing on the front that gives a facsimile of brushstrokes. I particularly liked the Sunflowers and the mini Starry Night. Definitely a step up for Unidragon in this series (and I'd love to see them try the same thing at 500 or 750 pieces too). 4/5


a figure from the front

OK, i realize this is hard to see, but there's a cup and saucer connector, and in this picture it's only slantingly intersected by another piece, making recognizing the connector incredibly difficult. Respect!















why is this one upside down when the others aren't, Google?






No comments:

Post a Comment