About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Thursday, December 15, 2022

The Tusk at Hand

 Fathom, 200 pieces. Fathom is doing some very interesting things with technique. This puzzle tries and mostly succeeds in being Teaser-like with laser-cutting. I would say it's not a very difficult Teaser--1 sword or 2 at most--but it was pleasantly unusual (along with the 3D tusk elements, which felt 3D printed and not as smooth/nice as the rest). What is really clear is the way that hand-cutting affects the haptic experience of a Teaser--the absolute certainty of a fit was not quite there with the laser-cut version. It was enjoyable and I'd definitely do others of this type--though I don't need 3D elements--but not a replacement for hand-cut, only a different experience. 4/5




interacting whimsies and the signature piece






No comments:

Post a Comment