About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, December 19, 2022

Portal Swift of Spring, Susan Schroder

 Palmaris, 470 pieces. The borrower before me (this is a Hoefnagel puzzle) said they didn't finish, and I can see why. I'm afraid this is not a positive review. The image was dark, which is not my favorite, but the real problem was one that afflicts many new producers--there were big size differences between the largest and smallest pieces, which often creates problems, and too many of the pieces were long and thin. This matchstick configuration is hard for me to manipulate and also easily leads to pieces flipping onto the wrong side so the image isn't visible. I am very grateful to Hoefnagel for letting me try a variety of puzzles. Sometimes one just doesn't work for me, but that's useful information too. 2/5


center: an example of the kind of piece that gives me conniptions



No comments:

Post a Comment