About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Tally-Ho!

Quill Pig, 169 pieces. Etsy seller. Hand-cut pieces with nice small connectors like nubs across the side of a piece.  Horse and dog whimsies to match the theme of the puzzle. Very well-done and a good option if you like this cutting style.  4/5  (Side note: I gave this five stars on Etsy because I believe that when rating on sites like that you should evaluate the match between what was offered and what was provided. Good, fragment-free cutting with quality wood and a nice image deserves five stars because otherwise other readers could be misled into thinking there was something wrong with the puzzle, which there is not!  Here I rate according to my own idiosyncratic image of the perfect puzzle.)



No comments:

Post a Comment