About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

U.S. Congressional Districts

Laser-cut, approx. 150 pieces, Will Adler.  Will is my brother-in-law and likes to experiment with laser cutting. He's also an expert on gerrymandering.  This acrylic jigsaw puzzle unites those interests.  Although some of the districts were grouped together to make the piece sizes workable and thus there's some engraving on many pieces, some pieces have nothing at all (there are no place names, only district boundaries). It turns out that cutting a recognizable state shape in half makes it much harder to recognize! Also, some districts have truly convoluted shapes.  You can tell where the urban centers are in a state pretty easily from the district boundaries. The frame proved quite important, even though I usually pride myself on not needing a frame.



No comments:

Post a Comment