About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

On the Ngare Ndare River, Alex Beard

Liberty, 475 pieces.  Alex Beard makes nice puzzle images, even if some of the licensees (not Liberty!) don't make very good puzzles.  Whimsies include some lovely picture-themed animals, including a funny elephant at an easel instead of the more common Liberty whimsy of a human artist at an easel. 4/5


Closeup on the bananas, despite the absence of monkeys in the picture--nice gazelle, though!

Multi-piece elephant and rider; see also the two-piece elephants to the left and giraffe to the right


There are several of these bees

Great variation on the common "artist at easel" Liberty whimsy, with an elephant artist



No comments:

Post a Comment