About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

I Will Go There, Serge Dubé

Stumpcraft, 445 pieces.  I'm very glad to have a new laser cutter on the scene, with a distinctive aesthetic. I especially like that the connectors are extremely varied, and sometimes suggest the existence of a whimsy--the rest of which is absent. It keeps me on my toes.  My biggest criticism is that the piece size varies too much--some nice ideas in theory result in pieces that are just too tiny, as with the bear/fish combo below.  Wentworth deals with that by outlining the internal bits rather than doing actual cuts, and that might be my suggestion here.  Still, well worth the time and money.  3/5



Multi-piece whimsies--guy on snowmobile, totemic bear, wolf, moose

This three-piece bear with fish is lovely, but the fish is so tiny!


4 comments:

  1. Someone just introduced me to these puzzles. So grateful for your blog! Working in nonprofits, I can only choose to invest in maybe one or two of these a year and this has been so helpful in helping me choose by being able to see them all in more detail.

    Out of curiosity, do you keep most/all of your puzzles when you're done with them? I'm imagining a massive room of puzzle boxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Along with eBay in general, I would recommend trying a vintage Victory puzzle--they can vary in quality and condition but can be a lot cheaper, and you might enjoy the puzzling experience!

      Delete
    2. PS I have a massive puzzle room and I also do some eBaying because the massive puzzle room is too full.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rebecca! Thanks so much for the reviews so far. Just wanted to let you know I really appreciate your comments and feedback. All on point and will be integrated into my future puzzle designs.

    ReplyDelete