About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Treescape

 Custom Puzzle Craft/John Stokes III, 778 pieces. Clear demonstration of why Stokes has such a fine reputation. Like a good Stave, pieces fit together in ways that are both surprising and then inevitable once placed. And the swirls ("swirl curl w/creatives") are just happiness-inducing. The image is signed "Shay" and the distinctions between tree branches and ground emerged only through assembly--though the colors look different once the image is all together, the actual colors on any individual piece were much harder to sort. 10/10 Stave scale




No comments:

Post a Comment