About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Big Shell Beach Man O'War

 Wimberley Puzzle Company, 500 pieces. Strongly reminds me of Thomas Magnusson's Images of Nature in style despite being laser-cut. The lightness of the image really highlighted a fair amount of burning/darkening at the edges of cuts. I really hope that more makers can figure this out as Liberty and Artifact have; it materially degrades the experience. I would get another of this maker's puzzles if I were confident the image would be less darkened.



I really liked the placement of the upper right wingtip in the middle of a standard-shaped piece, though obviously that piece is now going to be fragile. You can see the darkening very clearly in this closeup



No comments:

Post a Comment