About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

The Koi Pond

Mosaic, 500 pieces. New-to-me cutter, reasonably priced for laser-cut. The selling point is lots of whimsies, and there very certainly are. A decent not-quite-Liberty alternative, and only a bit more than half the price. The cuts are a bit tighter than Liberty, somewhere in between Liberty and Whimsy Wood. My biggest complaint: the pieces only fit into the box when they arrived; I could not possibly get them back in without crunching some whimsies. Larger box, please! 3/5




some interacting like mother and baby orca above

some whimsies with lines/inclusions, like the squid and whale above


No comments:

Post a Comment