About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Pip Shuckburgh, Dance of the Elephants

Nautilus, 499 pieces. Certainly the most unusual Nautilus I've done. For some reason their cuts don't resonate with me that much, but this is ambitious and creative--the whimsies have lots of cutouts, the best of which is obviously the tiger. Visually this creates a lot of broken-up areas making assembly more difficult; another consequence is that it's only really easy to see the whimsies in the full, assembled puzzle. 4/5 I guess I won't entirely give up on Nautilus




elephant; partial figure

rhino

leopard



one of the human figures

elephant and dancer

palace

bird and dancer

elephant, cow, tiger, dancer

dancers and ox


No comments:

Post a Comment