About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Sunshine Daydream, Phil Lewis

 Liberty, 902 pieces. Phil Lewis images are always beautifully colored, and this one is huge, which gives it room for elaborate whimsy structures, including a central sun and a border with human whimsies outlined by flame. The symmetry in the image is matched by symmetries in pieces. 5/5








2 comments:

  1. Very nice blog. It's shown me some new puzzle makes to try. I'm new to wooden puzzles. A maker I would recommend, who I don't see here, is LeColimacon on etsy. The color line cutting is very impressive and challenging. It seems that was more of a standard technique in an older golden age of puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did a few LeColimacon puzzles (https://rebeccaspuzzles.blogspot.com/search/label/LeColima%C3%A7on) but it turns out I'm not a huge fan of color line cutting--I mostly prefer interlocks, though a bit of color line cutting in a good puzzle can go a long way. I hope you find more to enjoy!

      Delete