About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, July 25, 2022

Rainy Day Flowers

 Armstrong Puzzles (Conrad Armstrong), 103 pieces. This puzzle shows off Armstrong's mastery of dropouts, cleverly deployed along with near-color line cutting (just the occasional connector) to really increase the difficulty of this small puzzle. 6/10 Stave scale


just look at those tiny dropouts in the leaf! They really disrupt the continuity of the pieces before assembly, making it much more challenging even though it's obvious once assembled

I clearly need to buy a black cloth on which to assemble puzzles--look how that increases the gorgeousness


No comments:

Post a Comment