About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Isle of the Dead, Arnold Bocklin

 Nautilus, 510 pieces. The great thing about Hoefnagel is that I can add a puzzle to my wishlist that is only of mild interest to me, because the marginal cost is so low. When this one arrived, I asked myself why I'd chosen a puzzle that is at least 1/9 black, but then I reminded myself that I've done all-black puzzles before. It's all about the shapes at that point, and so it proved here, with Nautilus's elaborate, somewhat punctuated/cored-out whimsies providing a good amount of guidance for assembly. 3/5




No comments:

Post a Comment