About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Smart Fox

 FoxSmartBox, 170 pieces. The folks at FoxSmartBox are trying good things to compete; here they highlight how much further Fathom Puzzles has gotten in laser cut teaser-style puzzles. This puzzle has cute fox-head connectors for the frame, then relatively easy fitting for the first layer of whimsies inside the frame, and then things get a bit loosey-goosey. I prefer my cluster puzzles to allow clear fit/don't fit judgments in most cases, though sometimes that's impossible, and there was more wiggle room here than I would prefer/more than Fathom has. Nonetheless, it's an impressive technical achievement and I look forward to further improvements. 3/5

the teaser pieces





No comments:

Post a Comment