About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Moonlit Serenade

 Fathom, 200 pieces. Laser cutting isn't quite there with the incredible fit possible with hand-cutting, but Fathom is certainly pressing the limits, making for near Teaser-level difficulty of assembly with a relatively low piece count and not too many dropouts. The haptics are noticeably different from hand-cut in terms of how the fit feels, and I'm spoiled enough to prefer the feel of hand-cut, but this was a different kind of challenge--feel rarely told you for sure if you had the fit right. If I had my druthers there wouldn't be star cutout whimsies--I don't like the way a completely enclosed piece tends to fall out when I move things around--but the design is clever including the little curliques on the cloud that complicate assembly. I continue to be impressed and I look forward to the next iterations. 4/5





No comments:

Post a Comment