About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Friday, December 21, 2018

Alpha bet Soup

Stave, 1035 pieces. It's possible that this is Stave's best deal, piece for piece, but it is not for the faint of heart.  Some very clever piece associations with different letters, and then very difficult swirly pieces to finish the job aided (sort of) by vague color coordination between the swirls and the specific letters.  9/10 pretty serious puzzling.
clowns and themed pieces

everything else

mostly assembled except for swirls and a few themed pieces that remained mysterious

another closeup of this stage

hah! not in order because I didn't quite manage to complete them in order

That "yellow" submarine had me confused for a while

"zephyr"--sure, that's what the wind is 
This fish didn't fit in until the swirl was in place--very unusual and if more of the pieces had been like that I would've gone bonkers


"jalapeno" took forever to figure out too

alphabetical order courtesy of my daughter

1 comment:

  1. i am amazed . how long did it take? does your daughter help you? is this the most pieces for a stave puzzle ? i enjoy seeing the puzzles very much. thank you . MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete