About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Thursday, October 19, 2023

A Clearly Devilish Little Puzzle

 Turning Taxis, 33 pieces. This was a test puzzle graciously lent to me by the cutter. My opinion on acrylic: it's inherently less pleasant to me than wood, although interesting effects can clearly be achieved. My main concern is visibility (I am old). When there's enough contrast, the acrylic can be challenging in a good way with only shape as the guide for assembly. The total puzzle was about 3x2 1/2 in inches; I prefer somewhat larger pieces (these were somewhat bigger than a fingertip but not a ton bigger), again for visibility reasons. I liked the unpredictability of the jagged edge and not quite rectangular overall shape.




No comments:

Post a Comment