About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Friday, July 28, 2023

After the Rain

 Elms, 700 pieces. An impressionist image like this often looks almost undifferentiated in the pieces because the color changes slowly through the puzzle, but when assembled much more variety is apparent. This makes for some challenging assembly! As in a number of older Elms, there are also angled strip-cut sections that change the pace a bit. (Yes, I'm still paying to paint fences!) 6/10


umbrella and figure holding umbrella



strip-cut secton

topiary

different directions for umbrellas

spiderweb in corner

interacting acorn and leaves

leaf border

blurry but: unusual to see the Elms tree on a false edge

nteracting trees

another false edge, emulating the actual edge with leaf border


No comments:

Post a Comment