About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Friday, March 11, 2022

The World Map

 Liberty, 1017 pieces. Wow. At points I was convinced that I didn't have all the pieces, but fortunately that was wrong. I believe the cut mimics the tectonic plates, with a ruffled/frilled type cut distinct from the ordinary interlocks. Also lots of whimsies, of course. 5/5 high challenge because of limited colors, but a lot going on in the detail if you look.


partial elephant in Africa

buffalo, North America

Sphinx

mostly done


note whimsy touching edge

some of the tectonic plate detail, tracing the left edge of South America

Australia and kangaroo

multipiece swordfish

dragon-headed ship (from the image)

another ship

lobster


No comments:

Post a Comment