About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, January 25, 2021

Chasing Butterflies 66 Mya, Lynon Aksavit

Liberty, 657 pieces. Truly wonderful puzzle with lots of difficulty and some 3-D dinosaurs hidden inside for assembly. 5/5 candidate for my favorite Liberty

now that's just rude for a dinosaur puzzle



dino skeleton in main dino

butterfly closeup

dino skeleton closeup

3D dino

another

non 3D but made of pieces that aren't connected in the puzzle itself


4 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca,
    I'm so happy that you enjoyed this puzzle, I've been following your puzzle blog for a several months now. I am the puzzle designer at Liberty Puzzles but also created this image along with a few others in the Liberty catalog. If you have any questions about other puzzles please feel free to reach out! Again, I really enjoy all the puzzle posts :)
    Sincerely,
    Lynon Aksamit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice to hear! I don't keep many puzzles because I am out of room, but I am on the queue just to buy this one. I also liked Octopus a lot and will keep my eyes peeled for others!

      Delete
  2. That is a very cool puzzle. I've never seen one where you could assemble some of the pieces into separate 3D objects. Did Liberty make more of these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Liberty has a number of puzzles with 3D elements, though I'm often bad at making them work. I think you can search the Liberty site, and I'm pretty sure there's a reddit thread somewhere with the 3D-containing puzzles as well. There is a nice dreidel in one of the Judaica-themed ones!

      Delete