About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, March 16, 2020

Matisse, Dancers

Shedevrika, circa 200 pieces. This Etsy seller makes laser-cut puzzles on relatively thin wood. The distinguishing feature: the back of the puzzle bears intricate designs, very cute. The result is that the shapes on the picture side are very spiky and irregular. Some of the little protrusions are fragile and chip easily, and you can see a bit of darkening on some of the laser-cut areas in the back, but overall it is a nice possible alternative. 3/5 (my ratings here are based on general puzzling challenge and enjoyability relative to the possibilities; on Etsy I rate higher when the maker delivers what they promised)





No comments:

Post a Comment