About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Farm Truck

Nook Puzzles, 376 pieces.  Another new cutter, a US-based laser cutter.  Thickness comparable to Liberty, but I would say the whimsies are more like Wentworth--somewhat less detailed in the edges.  Also, very notably, the pieces and thus the puzzle are a lot larger--they're like the Liberty large cut, which may provide a new option for people who can't deal with lots of fiddly little pieces. The resulting puzzle was therefore also large, despite the moderate piece count.  The other different feature is that there's a really big outline of a truck in the pieces--so big I wouldn't even call it a multipiece whimsy.  3/5




Some repeating whimsy shapes in the corn up in the sky--the upper edge of the truck outline is just above the treeline in the picture


No comments:

Post a Comment