About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Friday, June 28, 2024

Lost Flamingo, Fiona Smith/Mark Capitella

 Victory, 477 pieces. This is an extremely successful attempt to use a distinctive hand-cut style in a laser-cut puzzle. It features Capitella's signature split connectors, along with color line cutting (which I rarely love, but like more when there are connectors; here the color line cutting is well integrated into Capitella's general curvy style, so it's not frustrating to me). Is it as satisfying as hand-cut? No, but it's still very good. 5/5



color line cutting, but completely integrated with piece style


No comments:

Post a Comment