About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Sugar Magnolia, Phil Lewis

Liberty, 881 pieces.  Wow.  The average piece size is a bit smaller, I think, so while this is big, it's not twice as big as a 440-piece Liberty. The picture has a lot of symmetry and so does the whimsy structure; it's much easier to see what's going on with it turned over, so I did that. Most interesting to me were what I think were Grateful Dead-themed whimsies; you can see some of the bears dancing around the central circle, and then there's the multi-piece skeleton with the top hat at the bottom. 5/5




central figure; see bears in each corner

bear center

No comments:

Post a Comment