About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, August 10, 2020

San Juan Mosaic, Pat Howard

1006 pieces, Joyful Nook. Excellent customer service here--there was a piece missing (v. tiny pieces) and they reprinted and sent me the missing piece quickly, with a bonus jigsaw puzzle greeting card. If I'd looked more carefully at the cut before ordering, though, I would've realized that this was basically push-fit with very little interlock. I don't generally like push-fit and I'm a bit confused why anyone would laser-cut push-fit if they didn't have to. Still, I have to admit there was a sense of real accomplishment when I managed to get this together, especially with the big chunks of color and a number of pieces that were highly similar to each other in shape (though there wasn't too much in the way of pieces with both similar shape and color, thank goodness). 3/5

Whimsies are a bit hard to see--animals and leaves




No comments:

Post a Comment