About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Thursday, August 27, 2020

La Guerre des Mondes

 Liberty, 650 pieces. Retired/special edition, with pieces that can make 3-D invading robots! I didn't do that part because I've realized that's not of huge interest to me compared to the initial assembly challenge, and I'm old enough/cranky enough to just do what I want with multi-stage puzzles. Even without that, this was a difficult puzzle with limited colors and (because of the robots) a lot of architectural angles/whimsy-esque pieces. 4/5


A cluster of UFOs (there were a few more I missed in the initial pass)



running from the alien tripod

UFOs, brain alien, and an exploding clock tower (?)

The woman comparing her huge telescope results to what's on her drafting table is impressive but I also like the tentacle monster menacing the woman looking at the explosion coming through the window




2 comments: