About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, July 4, 2016

Wentworth, Van Gogh's Starry Night

500 pieces. Wentworth puzzles are characteristically loose fitting, which makes cleanup easy but moving chunks of puzzle around during assembly hard. The whimsies are a mix--many are fully customized for the puzzle, but there are also standard shapes that get reused beyond Wentworth's own signature tree. The burned wood smell produced by laser cutting is typically strong, but dissipates (for me) with sufficient exposure to air.  3/5
Starting out

Close up on a few of the art-related whimsies that I'm not sure have a place in a Van Gogh puzzle, but ok

Finished

No comments:

Post a Comment