About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Water Lilies, Monet, Wentworth

500 pieces. Another classic Wentworth. One of the things that make Impressionist puzzles interesting is that you can often see just how very different an individual stroke or element of the artwork is from the overall impression: the effect is completely different when you pull back.  Here, that means that there is far more color variation than you might've expected, and sometimes not exactly the colors you would have expected. 3/5
Beginning

Garden whimsies, including a garden gnome, hose (likely unknown to Monet), a cute rake, and a bird feeder (get your mind out of the gutter)


Finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment