About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Liberty, Fireworks in Venice, Georges Barbier

551 pieces.  This one didn't really click for me, for whatever reason--maybe it's that, while I don't mind single colored puzzles, I didn't like spending all that time on the black border.  It wasn't bad, and other people might really enjoy the elaborate frame pieces.  2.5/5
Starting out, frame pieces segregated


Finished

5 comments:

  1. My sister and I are addicted to wooden jigsaw puzzles - mostly Artifacts. We list them on eBay and there are some that we are hanging onto.

    If you are interested I can send you a list of those we have that you might be interested in. Artifact Paris Map - the most difficult one to date. We did a 1600 piece one last summer - that my sister has had framed and is hanging in her Maine home.

    My professional career was in trademark licensing in the collegiate market - quite a ride when it all opened up in the 80s.

    dickie.anderson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've done the Artifact Paris map, though I guess I haven't reviewed it. The Artifact beans one is the hardest I've done, and I really enjoyed it. I'd be happy to get a list at rivkat at gmail dot com, thanks!

      Delete
  2. My sister and I are addicted to wooden jigsaw puzzles - mostly Artifacts. We list them on eBay and there are some that we are hanging onto.

    If you are interested I can send you a list of those we have that you might be interested in. Artifact Paris Map - the most difficult one to date. We did a 1600 piece one last summer - that my sister has had framed and is hanging in her Maine home.Stave puzzle - busy winter scene.
    My professional career was in trademark licensing in the collegiate market - quite a ride when it all opened up in the 80s.

    dickie.anderson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I purchased this puzzle at an estate sale. It was my first wooden puzzle and a challenge for sure. I don't see it on their Liberty website for sale. I'm curious how old it is. Did you purchase it circa 2016, that year of your post? Thanks, Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did. Liberty retires puzzles fairly regularly. They might be able to tell you the years when they sold it.

      Delete