About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Friday, July 1, 2016

Elm Puzzles, Tropical Forest Floor

954 pieces. This is a rental club, a lot cheaper than Stave; you pay an initial fee and then a fee for every puzzle you rent, plus shipping.  I chose a relatively large puzzle; it was very challenging, with a lot of careful cutting so that images in the finished puzzle gave you very few clues to assembly.  I didn't feel it had the wit of a Stave, but definitely worth a try.  6/10 (since it's hand-cut).  Note: a few pieces arrived broken, which didn't interfere with assembly--they were easily fit together--but it's clear that this is well-traveled.
Before assembly

No comments:

Post a Comment