About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Penelope Puzzles, another 300 piece Swiss scene

I don't know if Penelope puzzles have names, but they aren't on the boxes. I'm not a big fan of landscapes. Nonetheless, I really enjoy the cutting style of these vintage puzzles, which is why I'm buying them when I can. The curvy cut really lends itself to solutions that are only apparent once they've been seen, making the puzzles a deeply pleasurable challenge. The fit is loose, but nonetheless it's absolutely clear when you've found a match. 5/5
Starting out

Finished--you can see a couple of missing knobs in the sky


No comments:

Post a Comment