About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Party in the Back #3, Yokohama Ijin Shokan No Zu, Utagawa Sadahide

 Puzzlebomb, 416 pieces. I was glad to get my hands on this--Puzzlebomb's production has clearly improved a lot in terms of little dropouts, and the color line cutting is impressive; even tiny protrusions seem pretty solid, in part because of the thickness of the wood. I really enjoyed the cleverness of the connectors and the dropouts (I put the fish in because it was easier, though). In some ways the fit is a bit too tight for my maximum enjoyment, but I understand why the tray format seemed right and it certainly helps given that there aren't any multi-level pieces to keep the puzzle stacked otherwise. Anyway, if this looks appealing to you, then it is constructed well enough that you should enjoy it. Warning for tiny pieces! 3/5


devious split connectors
level one completed; love the upside-down giraffe


level 2 in place (transferring it to the frame was ... unpleasant)

level three in place


No comments:

Post a Comment