About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Friday, January 19, 2024

Carta Marina, Olaus Magnus

 Liberty, 712 pieces. This cut is packed with "explorer" and fantastical whimsies (here there be dragons!). It's a relatively steady assembly though the water goes places you don't necessarily expect. The alternate solution was neat but as usual I couldn't make it stand up. 4/5




lots of multipiece/interacting whimsies


don't know why this is sideways, but the wolves chasing the multilegged horse are cool



sea monster! unusual whimsy.

don't know if this was intended, but it was possible

trust me, it's a dragon


No comments:

Post a Comment