About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Friday, May 15, 2020

Apple Tree, 1912, Gustav Klimt

Liberty, 463 pieces. Another difficult puzzle because of the relatively limited color variation--though there were three major kinds of green, two of them were leavened with red and other colors, making it relatively difficult to group them. Lots of apple whimsies, including a rare partial whimsy, and note the fake "foot" in the tractor that tried to trick you into putting the farmer directly on the tractor instead of falling off of it. 3/5



music; partial whimsy in top R

tractor: the foot-shaped hole precisely fits the foot of the farmer above it

lots of apple whimsies, and one of several trees, and the other half of the partial apple whimsy from above (above main figure with basket)

tree on border (upside down)

another tree (also upside down_

No comments:

Post a Comment