About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Sheltering Mountain Mists

Galles, 350 pieces. Note: I paid under $20 (plus shipping) for this puzzle, although there’s a guy on eBay offering a similar Galles puzzle for $2500 and claiming that it’s the most amazing thing ever (and also that he will destroy it if he doesn’t get a ridiculous price for it, which is weird and offputting; at least he’s not threatening a kitten, I guess). I’m not an expert on pricing vintage jigsaw puzzles, but I know enough to conclude that price is ridiculous. Based on what I’ve seen, I think that even three figures might be pushing it, though $20 is also reasonably a bargain. It’s a good vintage jigsaw puzzle! The cutting is good! I like it better than Victory puzzles.  3/5



No comments:

Post a Comment