About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Landscape, Gustav de Marchen

Approx. 700 pieces. This is a lovely hand-cut puzzle, though it's got such thin wood that pieces broke easily. Its previous owner mostly dealt with that by gluing the small broken piece to its nearest neighbor, producing slightly differently shaped pieces; that worked pretty well, though I tried to fix one to back the way it was.  The curves are like those on Penelope puzzles. Even though I'm not a huge fan of landscapes, the piece shapes were enough to keep me happy.  4/5
starting out

Slow progress


Rearranging

I'm beginning to see how this goes




Hours later ...

Victory is mine

No comments:

Post a Comment