About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Starting a wooden puzzle blog: Artifact, Matte Stephens, Manhattan

This is an experiment for me to share my adventures in wooden jigsaw puzzles.  Today's review is an Artifact puzzle, Matte Stephens, Manhattan (380 pieces).

This is an atypical Artifact--many pieces joined very tightly, rather than loosely, and some even had to be forced.  It made me wonder whether this was produced early on in Artifact's existence, because while the looser fit of other Artifact puzzles can be frustrating when one is trying to move chunks around, overall it's a more pleasant experience once you're used to it than this tighter fitting type was.  Many of the pieces were also relatively large.  Fine, but not fantastic.  3/5.  
NB: I'm a tough grader, and I cut my teeth on Staves, so 3/5 is still time well spent.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    This request is to ask, Do you know anything about the 'Trigsaw' puzzles, by Martin Smith? I have his 'Violin' puzzle, and I need to know how many pieces it should have. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Robert Lamb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I don't know--I usually stick to 2-dimensional puzzles.

    ReplyDelete