About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Jim Flora, Tenement K

Artifact, 436 pieces.  I admit, I liked this one a bit less than others, including Flora puzzles, because of all the Picasso-esque female nudity.  I didn't notice it in the picture before purchase, which is on me! It wasn't hidden! But I neither like the style nor the gratuitousness of the female nudity (which I understand is like thinking the food is so bad and the portions so small, but there is a point to that complaint too).  Anyway, as a technical matter it's a perfectly solid Artifact puzzle with a number of larger pieces but a few tinier ones as well, and some laser cutting to do detail on some of the figural pieces, many of which pick up the Picasso-esque theme.  (There are also a number of letter whimsies, which I didn't quite understand, and a multi-piece guitar.)  3/5 on points.




1 comment:

  1. i have to enjoy the picture to do a puzzle .i saw and wondered why they made such an ugly picture into a puzzle . i wonder how many they sold ?

    ReplyDelete