About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Thursday, July 5, 2018

The Concert Room

Lucretia's Pieces, 608 pieces. A new hand-cutter for me--very high quality, with color line cutting and some of the visual tricks I expect from Stave.  This puzzle stayed difficult through to the end, even as the available spaces decreased; the edges are not even but not as uneven as I initially thought they were going to be! 8/10 Stave scale.  Highly recommended.  (Although I give few perfect scores, my philosophy is sort of like Dog Rates': they're good puzzles, Brent.)

Some of the whimsies

multi-piece whimsy: person playing the piano





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for so often introducing me/your readers to new cutters! I can't always afford their work, but great to see and learn about them.

    ReplyDelete