About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Balloon Festival Fantasy

 Stave, 300 pieces. I picked up several of these early Staves on eBay; this one was the first I did. Super interesting, with some hints of what was to come. Very tight (possibly age); unusual arrow connector throughout; somewhat more Par-like whimsies than eventual Stave style; mostly very large pieces (but, reflecting a common issue with cutters starting out, there were occasional out-of-scale whimsies, in this case tiny ones). 6/10 super interesting.

arrow shown clearly



rebus: H+eye awl+tea+2+D "high altitude"

interacting whimsies

more interacting/nearly interacting whimsies

acrobats

color line cutting to create a whimsy

parachutist

basket of people--unusual in that not all the whimsies are full whimsies






No comments:

Post a Comment