About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, April 29, 2019

Shoshone Falls, Idaho, Thomas Moran, 1873

GoAnywhere, 170 pieces. New cutter to me, though seems to be out of business, sadly.  The puzzle arrived in a repurposed VCR case (previously unused, but clearly manufactured as a VCR case)--I guess there had to be lots of people stuck with those when the VCR stopped being a common playback device.  Whimsies are a bit like Wentworth's, with some extra inscribed detail visible on the back side.  This is laser cutting that uses the affordances of laser cutting in an interesting way: there's a mini puzzle inside the puzzle, and you get the outline and the number of pieces and have to figure it out without any help from the picture. The pieces also fit in the regular way with the picture, so sometimes I found a connection but had to reject it because the picture matched!  Very interesting and a nice variation.  3/5

whimsies

puzzle in puzzle



No comments:

Post a Comment